|Subtype||Human / outsider|
|Location||The Abyss, Narfell, the Nine Hells, and the Unapproachable East|
Tieflings are the distant descendant of some evil outsider, such as a demon, devil, night hag, rakshasa or even some servant of an evil deity. Elves and orcs with fiendish heritage are known to exist but those are distinct lines and are not true tieflings. Tieflings look human except for one or two distinguishing features: small horns, fangs, hooves, forked tongue, goat-like legs, tail, glowing red or cat eyes or furry, leathery, scaly, red or bruised blue skin.
Tiefling Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha.
Favored Class (Rogue): A multiclass tieflings rogue class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Darkvision: Tieflings are able to see in the dark.
- Skill Affinity (Hide): +2 racial bonus to Hide checks.
- Skill Affinity (Bluff): +2 racial bonus to Bluff checks.
- Resist Cold: Innate cold resistance of 5.
- Resist Fire: Innate fire resistance of 5.
- Resist Electrical: Innate electrical resistance of 5.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day - Darkness. Caster level 3rd.
- Outsider: Tieflings are considered Outsiders for the purpose of spells.
- Human: Tieflings are considered Human for the purpose of spells.
- Resist Cold Energy
- Resist Electrical Energy
- Resist Fire Energy
- Skill Affinity (Bluff)
- Skill Affinity (Hide)