|Stone Hunter Gnome|
|Languages||Common, Gnomish, Draconic|
One of the few races considered to be fast companions of any kind of dragon, stonehunter gnomes are the favored people of copper dragons. Since the coppers' love of pranks, riddles, and mischief fit well with the gnomes' outlook on life, it should be no surprise they get along well. The gnomes who return this sentiment are known as stonehunters, as the two races frequently meet to hunt together. Copper dragons often make their lairs beneath stonehunter gnome villages, and over time while the gnomes become more dragonlike in appearance the coppers grow fonder of the mortals. Physically they tend to look like most other gnomes, but for their very dark skin that takes on a coppery sheen in sunlight.
Gnomish Ability Adjustments: +2 Con, -2 Str.
Favored Class (Ranger): A multiclass Stone Hunter Gnomes Ranger class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Small Stature
- +1 size bonus to attack rolls.
- +1 size bonus to AC.
- +4 size bonus to Hide checks.
- Offensive Training vs. Reptilians: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against reptilian humanoids.
- Offensive Training vs. Goblinoids: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
- Defensive Training vs. Giants: +4 dodge bonus to AC against giants.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Skill Affinity (Concentration): +2 racial bonus to Concentration checks.
- Low-Light Vision: Allows them to see better than normal in the dark.
- Dragonblooded: Stonehunter Gnomes have the dragonblood subtype.
- Gnomish: Stonehunter Gnomes count as Gnomes for the purpose of spells.
Special: Gnomes are small creatures and as such they can never use the following Large weapons: bastard sword, dire mace, two-bladed sword, double axe, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, heavy flail, quarterstaff, scythe and spear. Packages: Gnome characters should only choose the default package for their class, as the other packages may give the gnome weapons they cannot use.
- Battle Training vs. Giants
- Battle Training vs. Goblins
- Battle Training vs. Reptilians
- Low-light Vision
- Skill Affinity (Concentration)
- Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Small Stature